Michael Hanna Design specializes in the creation of custom, cutting-edge presentation design services to meet all your visual communications needs. From custom PowerPoint templates to professional Keynote presentations, dynamic infographics to vibrant, interactive brochures, we can help. We can’t all deliver the next Gettysburg Address, but there are lots of small things you can do prior to your presentation that will help calm your nerves and set you up for a better presentation. Today we’ll give you some of those tips!
- Practice, Practice, Practice! Naturally, you’ll want to rehearse your presentation multiple times. While it can be difficult for those with packed schedules to spare time to practice, it’s essential if you want to deliver a rousing presentation.
- Transform that nervous energy into enthusiasm. There have been studies conducted that show an enthusiastic speech can win an audience over better than a speech that is simply eloquent.
- Consider attending other presentations. If you’re giving a speech during a conference, attend some of the earlier presentations. Not only does this show that you have respect for your fellow speakers, but it also gives you a chance to get a feel for the audience.
- Arrive early to your presentation. Allow yourself plenty of time to get settled before your speech – this is best practice! Giving yourself extra time will ensure that you won’t be late and it gives you plenty of time to get to know the space in which you’re presenting.
- Get adjusted to your presentation surroundings. You’ll feel more comfortable! Make sure you get acquainted with the room you’re presenting in.